Friday, August 5, 2011

My Warrior Team...

Geez, today was a stressful day. 
I think I checked the Warrior Dash website 37 times to make sure there were enough spots for all my friends in the 1:00 wave.  When I started the morning there were seven spots… now there are none. 
I’m finally coming down from my panicked rush.  Whew.  I signed up a few weeks ago when there were like 200 spots left.  But I knew some of my friends were dragging their feet so when I saw only seven spots left in the wave I registered for this morning, I frantically texted, emailed and facebooked them to sign up to insure that they filled those last few spots and we could all do it together.  And I’m pleased to say that I have come one step closer to accomplishing the goal on my bucket list of getting a group together for this event.  Still waiting to hear from a couple people as to whether or not they made the cut… but so far Leanne, Jason, Katie, Andy, Brett, Evan, Ashleigh, Courtney, Justin and I are in for the craziest frickin’ day of our lives… or at least that’s what the website says.  J
Thanks to all of you for helping me achieve this goal on my list.  I am super excited for September 24th to get here. 
I'm looking forward to the giant slip-n-slide...
... wall climbing...
... fire jumping...
... mud crawling...
... and all the other challenges along the course (all pictures stolen from Google).  Training starts on Monday.  Get excited.  J
While there are no more open spots in the 1:00 wave, there are other waves.  Check out the Warrior Dash website for more information.  We can all still pregame before the race and party with our warrior helmets after.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment