Thursday, August 11, 2011

Not a teacher...

Yes, I realize I am getting more and more behind on the blog each day.  I am very sorry for that.  Blogging really is something I enjoy and I will make a better effort of taking time each day to be more consistent with my postings.  Don’t worry, I promise to recover from my writer’s block this weekend.  But for now I’ll keep it short.
So, I’m really sad… I was supposed to be teaching a Basic Public Relations class at NSU’s Broken Arrow campus starting next Tuesday.  But apparently they printed the course number in the schedule wrong which resulted in people not being able to enroll in it and it wasn’t discovered until it was too late.  So since I only had three students, they decided to cancel the class.  Boo. 
I love teaching.  I have done it since graduate school.  I started teaching speech as a graduate student and then slowly added Mass Communications, Web Design, etc.  It is fun and rewarding.  I have actually finished every semester I’ve taught feeling like I learned a whole lot more then I actually taught my students.  So I was really looking forward to adding Public Relations to that list this semester.  Oh well, to borrow from my little sister… you win some, you lose some.  I’m on the schedule for next semester (hopefully right this time) to teach Writing for the Media.  It will be a really fun one. 
So for now, I’ll try to find something else to fill my Tuesday nights.  Maybe I’ll take up a new hobby…

No comments:

Post a Comment