Thursday, July 14, 2011

New day... new list...

Life can be a range of emotions… wonderful… fulfilling… joyful… quiet… confusing… unfinished.
My life is wonderful and I am happy… but I know there is more for me then this.  It’s hard when you know exactly what you want, but you have no idea how to get it. 
That’s where I am at.  I know what I want, where I want it and with whom I want it.  But I haven’t been able to get that ball rolling.  I’ve just recently entered the last year of my 20s.  I’d always hoped to have it all together by the time I hit the big 3-0.  I’ve always said that’s the magic number… that’s when I’d have the career, the house, the family… the life.  As I get closer and closer to that number, I’m realizing that if I intend to meet that goal, it’s time for me to kick it into high gear… time for some forward movement. 
Sometimes life hands you lemons.  You can either choose to look at them with a sour face because what you really wanted was strawberries, or you can make lemonade.  To many times, I have chosen option A.  But not today…. today I’m choosing to make lemonade, open a lemonade stand and make a huge profit on the lemons life gave me… figuratively speaking of course. 
I am a list person.  I love to make lists.  Right now I have six different lists on my refrigerator… everything from a grocery list to a construction list to a songs I want to download list.  Tonight I’m writing a new list… a bucket list… not a before I die bucket list… I want it to be a little bit more targeted then that.  Tonight I’m writing a bucket list of all the things I want to accomplish by the time I’m 30.  Tomorrow I will share that list with you in hopes that you will help hold me accountable to it.  As is my style, I will prioritize my list and focus on one thing at a time, because as I complete one piece of the puzzle of my future, my vision for the other parts may change. It will be a fluid list that I can add to and take away from any time I want.
My goal for this list is that it is realistic.  I don’t want it to be four pages long.  After all, I’ll be 30 exactly 11 months and one week from today.  I need to be able to break it off in pieces.  The list making starts tonight.  The list completion process starts tomorrow.    Wish me luck.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment